CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So I Have Some Things Accomplished

So between today and yesterday I can say I finished a DIY project for the wedding!! Yay.  These are the first finished projects for the wedding.

Little bit of a back story.  I wanted to do as much DIY stuff for the wedding, partly because we don't have a ton of money for the wedding and secondly, I consider myself a pretty crafty person.  So from the beginning I had decided that I would want to do as much as I could DIY.  First things first our centerpieces I would DIY because I didn't want flowers and would cheaper just putting together a candle centerpiece myself.  I came up with this idea, now just how to execute it without it driving me nuts.

So I bought these frames from Target in the dollar section at the front the store, oddly enough, for $2.50 for 3 frames.  They are plain black wood frames.  Now I come up with the brilliant idea to glitter them with purple and silver glitter from Martha Stewart Collection at Michael's.  Well that was a brilliant idea until now that a week later I'm finally done and my house, dog and myself have been covered in this glitter ever since.  Thankfully they are done and I can cross something off my DIY list.

Next thing I finished was done yesterday.  I finished my Ring Bearer pillow and it was another success!  I had originally seen a pillow I had liked done in a David's Bridal catalog.  I don't even know if it was something you could buy but I knew I could definitely make it.  I had seen pillows on Etsy.com and various other magazines and wedding retailers that cost upwards to a $100.  That is just an insane amount of money for something you are going to only use once and shouldn't be that much of and expense.  So all and all mine is made and probably cost me at the most $15.  And you know what I like it better than anything I could have bought and it is cooler anyways because I made it.

0 comments: